I am a confident, friendly person who has a polite and calm manner. I am a reliable, enthusiastic, hard-working individual with experience of working in the conservation industry.
I worked as part of a mobile team to undertake practical conservation works on a range of habitats and sites. As a member of the land management team, I learned about how to ensure health and safety on site, as well as key principles and practices in conservation of different habitats and landscapes.
● This included surveying, invasive non-native species control, woodland management, pond management, practical habitat creation, improvement and management, planting trees, coppicing, brush-cutting/trimming, scything, hedge laying, dry stone walling, fencing, site clearance, repair and create footpaths and steps.
● Good communication skills
● Good IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
● Able to build good relationships with customers and colleagues
● Punctual, dependable and reliable
● Ability to work on own initiative ● Competent in following instructions and guidance
● Effective team member
● Willingness to learn and develop
● Flexible attitude to working hours
Level 2 diploma in environmental conservation
RHS Qualifications (or Equivalent)
Worked as a volunteer with River Stewardship Company 2017 - 2018, as trainee with the Wildlife Trust 2018 - 2019 and as trainee placement at Green Estates Ltd February 2019 - July 2019
Register an account with Countryside Careers to access contact details.